Electronic Check Acceptance
Many merchants accept checks electronically from their customers. There are many different kinds of Electronic Check Acceptance. The electronic check program that you use will depend on your type of business and overall goals. Below are some different solutions available:
- Point of Sale Check Guarantee
- Accept checks at the point of sale by scanning the check through your check reader, such as the FD200 terminal.
- Electronically deposits the check into your account (no trips to the bank!)
- Guarantees the check. No worries about bad checks from your customers.
- Remote Deposit Capture
- If you receive paper checks at your business and don’t want to have to go to the bank every day, then you will want to use a Remote Deposit Capture solution.
- The check imager connects to the back of your computer via USB port.
- Scan checks into the imager and submit to your bank account. You can even submit checks as late as 7 pm and still have it in your account by the next day!
- Checks By Web
- Accept electronic checks or “e-checks” through your website’s payment gateway.
- Your customers can choose “check” as a payment option during checkout on your website.
- Check Collections
- If you receive the occasional bad check from your customers, but don’t want to have to worry about collecting on these bad checks, then this might be the program for you.
- Take the check to your bank
- If it bounces, the check company does all of the work to collect for you.
- It’s free to you!
Stop taking checks “the old way” and start taking checks “the new way”. If you aren’t sure what electronic check acceptance solution is best for your business, give us a call at 1-800-333-6237! We would love to help.
Omega, agent for iPayment Inc., in association with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, CA
Omega, agent for Direct Connect., in association with Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Walnut Creek, CA